IPv6in4 tunnel with only one /64 prefix

Frédéric Perrin frederic.perrin at resel.fr
Sun Dec 16 19:47:32 UTC 2012

Following-up on myself...

Of course Steve's suggestion was not what I wanted to hear, as I wanted
to do stuff myself :)

The take-away is that my plan works. I have a full write up in French at
<http://tar-jx.bz/notes/tunnels-ipv6.html> ; I can translate into
English if people are interested. Basically, you need to tell the
external interface that it is not in a /64 addres, then you can add the
routes you need. There is nothing special to do on the router at the
other end of the tunnel, except turning on the DHCPv6 server.

I did have to setup an NDP proxy, the (quite trivial) code is at
<https://gitweb.fperrin.net/?p=ndp6.git>.

I did hit a bug in ISC dhclient. There is a fix in the Debian bug
tracker <http://bugs.debian.org/684009> (a similar fix in Network
Manager for desktop systems already made itinto their git).

--
Fred