aclocal-1.12: error: 'configure.ac'

Michael Powell nightrecon at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 16 07:14:00 UTC 2012

Oleg simonoff wrote:

> Hi to all!
>   Want to to ask the unix community about my problem. Don`t know what
> to do.....
>   racking my brain over ...
>   The system freeBSD 8.2
>   Got some trouble with compilation portupgrade-2.4.9.9,2
>
>   /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade sudo make install
>   ===> Configuring for ruby-1.8.7.370,1
>   /usr/bin/touch /opt/ports/lang/ruby18/work/ruby-1.8.7-p370/configure
>   aclocal-1.12: error: 'configure.ac' or 'configure.in' is required
>   *** Error code 1
>
>   Stop in /opt/ports/lang/ruby18javascript:doImageSubmit('Send').
>   *** Error code 1
>
>   Stop in /opt/ports/lang/ruby18.
>   *** Error code 1
>
>   Stop in /opt/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade.
>   *** Error code 1
>
>   Stop in /opt/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade.
                    ^^^^^^

Don't know if this matters, never tried it that way - this is FreeBSD, not
Linux. FreeBSD is not some kind of Linux.

With that said, the ports tree usually lives under /usr/ports. No idea why
it would show up under /opt, except as some carry over Linuxism. You
probably need to wipe the Linuxism and start over as a FreeBSD  user.

-Mike