[Bulk] audio playback with variable tempo

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Dec 13 06:54:32 UTC 2012

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 01:11:36 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 16:27 -0700, Gary Aitken wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest an audio playback application that allows you to vary the
> > tempo?  I've used audacity on win systems, but I don't see that in ports.
>
> Google found the code for FreeBSD:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=audacity&stype=name
>
> I've no knowledge about FreeBSD, IIUC it can be downloaded and compiled
> from this source.

You don't actually have to download things manually from the
web in order to install software on FreeBSD. The tasks are
automatically done by the ports infrastructure.

So it's much simpler:

	# /usr/ports/audio/audacity
	# make install

or use the package management tool of choice (e. g. portmaster),
or just use "pkg_add -r audacity". :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany