Can't set xfce4 logout dialog buttons

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 21:23:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

I added a file for handling shutdown / reboot for Xfce4, the content is
located in
/usr/local/etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/51-sys-mgmt.pkla.

[Restart]
Identity=unix-group:operator
Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.restart
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=yes
ResultActive=yes

[Shutdown]
Identity=unix-group:operator
Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.stop
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=yes
ResultActive=yes

But clicking on the on the logout button, will open the xfce4 dialog and
only shows "Logout" all others buttons are grey'ed. I have exactly the
same setup on my laptop but with a [Suspend] added, and on my laptop the
dialog show Logout and all buttons authorized.

On my both machine my user is in the operator group, so I don't know
where I missed something for this machine..

Do you have a better idea?

Cheers,