pkg upgrade?

Walter Hurry walterhurry at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 22:10:30 UTC 2012

On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 20:51:59 +0000, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> Curious.  I can't reproduce the problem on my dev system:
>
> worm:...cache/pkg/All:#	pkg info -s -F git-1.7.11.5.txz
git-1.7.11.5
>               10 MB
>
> I wonder... I'm using portmaster to build packages on my dev box, and
> poudriere on my work machine.  Could poudriere be at fault?

I think there's a problem with 'pkg info' irrespective of how the package
is built.

$ pkg info -s -F gcc-4.6.4.20121123.txz
gcc-4.6.4.20121123 flat size is: 0 B
gcc-4.6.4.20121123 package size is: 0 B
$ pkg query -F gcc-4.6.4.20121123.txz %sh
567 MB
$

It seems that 'pkg info' is looking at one measure, while 'pkg query' is
looking at another. Maybe portmaster is populating both correctly, but
poudriere is only doing one of the two.

I'm using a straightforward 'pkg create' to build my package files, by
the way. But why should there be two (apparently discrete) measures?