/tmp filesystem full

Andy Wodfer wodfer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 07:21:18 UTC 2012

Hi everybody!

Thanks for answering my questions and helping me out with this problem.

It's been fixed now and I managed to locate the problem with the find /
-type d | awk 'length > 900' command.

What caused it was something that looked like a directory loop or at least
a very deep list of sub directories from two old backups of src + kernel
compilations that recently got moved to this server from another one
(accidentally and in a hurry due to disk failure on the other server). I
think I counted 12 full lines in my terminal window for the directory bash
path...

I deleted them and now it works great again. Thanks again for great help!

Best regards,
Andy