"Twitter.com is loading slowly" after updating to Firefox 13.0.1

lokadamus at gmx.de lokadamus at gmx.de
Thu Aug 23 17:55:46 UTC 2012

On 08/21/12 22:48, Toomas Aas wrote:
> Tue, 17 Jul 2012 kirjutas Lars Eighner <luvbeastie at larseighner.com>:
>
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, Toomas Aas wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I'm having this problem on two different computers, one running
>>> 8.3-STABLE and the other running 9.0-STABLE. After updating Firefox
>>> from 12.0 to 13.0.1, whenever I access twitter.com, I can log in but
>>> after that a message appears saying that "Twitter.com is loading
>>> slowly", and the site is practically unusable - clicking on any of
>>> the links has no effect.
>>
>> If you do not know that there is something in firefox (now 13ish)
>> which you
>> must have, deinstall it and install firefox-esr (now 10ish).
>
> I was away from my computer for the past month, but now that I
> returned and replaced Firefox 13.0.1 with 10.0.6 ESR, twitter.com is
> again behaving normally for me. I'd like to thank everyone who
> recommended ESR in this thread

I have the same problem.
My system is an old P4-3GHz with Hypterthreading (Northwood) and with
ULE Scheduler isnt funny.
I must wait until a site is loaded. Bevor i can't make another tab or
open bookmarks.
I make a kernel with SCHED_4BSD and it work better. Now i can open
another tab or bookmark while a site is loading (but fast isnt it ;( ).

I will build a new kernel, look and hope it will be better.
System is FreeBSD 9.0 with custom kernel.