freebsd-update and csup - I'm going around in circles.

Walter Hurry walterhurry at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 21:24:56 UTC 2012

Please forgive me if this is a daft question; I am quite new to FreeBSD.

I have read the handbook assiduously and am attempting to follow it. This
is 9.0-RELEASE-p3, by the way.

Every time I run "freebsd-update fetch" it says it wants to update the
following 5 source files "as part of updating to 9.0-RELEASE-p4":

/usr/src/sys/amd64/amd64/trap.c
/usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh
/usr/src/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c
/usr/src/sys/netinet6/in6.c
/usr/src/sys/netinet6/ip6_input.c

So I run "freebsd-update install" and they are updated happily.

But when I run csup with my standard-supfile, it puts the same 5 files
back to where they were.

What am I missing, or doing wrong?