vlan tagging in releng/8.3 not working

Rick Miller vmiller at hostileadmin.com
Mon Aug 13 19:39:01 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I am running the latest releng/8.3 on a HP DL360 with an Intel 82599
10G NIC using the ixgbe driver.  Without vlan tagging, tcpdump sees
traffic on the default vlan.  With vlan tagging there is no traffic on
the interface.  Wondering if anyone else has seen similar and/or might
be able to provide some additional information?

I'm not seeing anything in syslog.  The interface is configured via rc.conf:

cloned_interfaces="vlan0"
ifconfig_vlan0="inet 10.x.x.x  netmask=255.255.255.0 vlan $id vlandev ix0"

Where $id is our vlan id.

--
Take care
Rick Miller