Apple Aluminium Keyboard (w/ numpad) woe

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Aug 9 23:35:12 UTC 2012

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 00:10:46 +0100, Steve Roome wrote:
> Hi all, has anyone got any pointers for why my Apple (A1243)
> wired USB keyboard (with numpad, gb/uk model) doesn't want to
> report > F13 (and some other keys).

Seems to be related not only to this model. I have the
old version here ("white plastic", german layout), and
F13-F16 and the four keys on the top right don't seem
to generate anything. I've checked both text mode and
xev (in X) - and made almost the same observations as
you did. I don't have that kind of strange behaviour
with other multifunctional keyboards (Sun type 6 and 7,
german layout).

> Thanks very much, and apologies if there's a known answer, it's
> not something I've managed to find yet if it is.

Sorry, no solution here, only confirmation... :-(

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany