Bacula on FreeBSD Concurrent Jobs

dweimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Fri Aug 3 16:11:24 UTC 2012

I am trying to set-up my FreeBSD Bacula server to run concurrent jobs,
however it only runs one job at a time, and doesn't report why its
waiting to execute the second job.  I have contacted the Bacula-Users
mail list, and know one there seems to have an idea why my configuration
isn't working.

Thought I would check here and see if anyone else is running concurrent
Bacula jobs on their FreeBSD servers.

I have Bacula 5.2.10 installed from ports on a 9.0-RELEASE-P3 system,
my backups are being written to a eSATA disk volumes.  I have added the
Max Concurrent Jobs entries everywhere that the Bacula tips and tricks
manual page says to add them.  Even though I am running backups to disk
I went the extra step of adding a spool directory, after it wasn't
working and still no dice.

If anyone has this working and knows of any special tricks required on
FreeBSD to do this, and could pass those on that would be great.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer