installing rt40 from ports

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 3 10:49:52 UTC 2012

On 03/08/2012 11:29, Roby Sadeli wrote:
> I am planning to deploy rt40 (sqlite backend) with nginx (fastcgi).
> (nginx-devel and rt40 from /usr/ports)

Sqlite is really only suitable for development usage: RT expects a more
fully featured database that supports concurrent usage by several
instances simultaneously.  This may well be the problem you're seeing
when trying to fire up spawn-fcgi, if that is trying to run several fcgi
threads.

Personally I prefer and recommend postgresql as the backend to RT.

> After installing rt40, I setup the initial database by executing
> /usr/local/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init
>
> I have no problem using the standalone server:
> /usr/local/bin/standalone_httpd and rt40 works as expected.
>
> I have tried setting up rt40 using nginx with no success.
> I try running fcgi from command line: /usr/local/bin/spawn-fcgi -n -u
> www -g rt -p 9000 -- /usr/local/sbin/rt-server.fcgi
> but always starts for a moment, then crashes.

Does it generate a core file?

Is there anything relevant in the Log?  If necessary, try turning up the
log level in ${LOCALBASE}/etc/rt40/RT_SiteConfig.pm --

Set($LogToSyslog, "debug");

and possibly enable the 'all.log' by following the instructions in
/etc/syslog.conf

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--