firefox is marked as broken?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Apr 30 12:16:42 UTC 2012

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 23:29:40 -0600 (MDT)
Warren Block articulated:

>On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Jong-Beom Kim wrote:
>
>> I have installed FreeBSD 9.0 last night and so far, so good except
>> firefox installation.
>>
>> it simply doesn't build with this message.
>>
>> # make install clean
>> ===>  firefox-12.0,1 is marked as broken: does not build.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
>>
>> is it just me or is firefox really broken currently?
>
>Turn off the PGO option.

Maybe it is just me, but trying to live by the KISS principal as much
as possible, wouldn't it have been easier, and saved a lot of chatter
to have just disabled the option and removed it from the Makefile? A
splash screen could have been used to alert the user that the option
was turned off.

--
Jerry ♔