mounting ext2fs

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Apr 19 12:36:26 UTC 2012

El día Thursday, April 19, 2012 a las 09:42:22AM -0700, perryh at pluto.rain.com escribió:

> "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs at berklix.com> wrote:
>
> > > what does lsvfs show ?
> >
> > Maybe try: dd if=/dev/da0s1 count=20 of=/tmp/t ; file /tmp/t
> > (it show interesting stuff on my /xp  anyway ).
>
> Easier:  file -s /dev/da0s1

gives now:

# file -s /dev/da0s1
/dev/da0s1: Linux rev 1.0 ext2 filesystem data (mounted or unclean)

and /dev/da0s1 is mounted:

# mount | fgrep /dev/da0s1
/dev/da0s1 on /mnt (ext2fs, local)

the problem with (this) cardreader seems to be that the card must
already inserted at boot time; a later switch to another card, for
example from a card with 'msdosfs' to a card with 'ext2fs', gives the
problem in my first mail; don't know if this is a bug or feature :-)

ext2fs.ko is loaded automagically by mount(8); I do not load it at boot,
but after the mount(8) it was loaded;

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz