newfs create to little inodes

Michael Powell nightrecon at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 00:02:05 UTC 2012

Rob Farmer wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Robert Bonomi
> <bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com> wrote:
>>
>> Something about -your- installation is causing you to run out of inodes.
>>

> This is a release engineering issue in 9.0, not just his installation.
> The defaults are screwed up. See bin/162659.

Yes - I experienced this early on with first attempts at looking over 9.0 in
a Virtualbox VM. I don't remember if it was 5 or 6GB size of the initial
'everything in one filesystem (/)' install which triggered it, but when I
increased it to 8GB, and/or larger, the error the OP describes went away.

-Mike