Mounting from zfs:system/ROOT/nch failed with error 2

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 15 09:47:26 UTC 2012

On 15/04/2012 10:23, vermaden wrote:
> I have a system that successfully booted from system/ROOT/default,
> but now failed with system/ROOT/nch (other ROOT installation),
> it ends with ERROR 2, what does ERROR 2 means?

Setting up for use with boot environments?  Can you describe how you did
this, or at least point us towards a recipe you followed?

> Its 9.0-RELEASE.

Good.  However, not particularly pertinent to the problem at hand.

If we are to help you work out what went wrong, we will need a tad more
information than you have supplied.  Primarily at what point in the boot
sequence did it go wrong?  Before the BSD Logo menu screen?  During the
kernel initialization (ie. while it was printing bright white text) or
after (grey coloured text)?  Were there any other error messages printed
on the console?

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--