jail v2 documentation?

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Sat Apr 14 21:19:25 UTC 2012

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:59:47 -0500, <fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com> wrote:

> I don't see any v2 in the jail environment. Vimage is a separate
> software module that is not part of the the system base release. It has
> to be compiled into a custom kernel to be enabled and it's labeled as
> experimental, "use at your own risk". Not some thing I would want in my
> jail environment. So the bottom line is there is no version 2 of the
> jail environment,(IE changes to the jail command and its associate
> commands).

Actual changes to the jail command can be found here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-jail/2011-July/001568.html

How to use the jails v2 is covered many places. It does indeed exist, and
you can probably use the package here to get yourself started because the
rc.d script for jails is not updated to handle v2 jails.

http://druidbsd.sourceforge.net/vimage.html