FTP oddness, over SSH session.

Dave B dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 16:41:52 UTC 2012

On 13 Apr 2012 at 9:21, John McDonnell wrote:

> > From: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org [mailto:owner-freebsd-
> > questions at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Dave B
>
> > FYI, you have to create an entry in FileZilla's Site Manager, for it
> > to invoke SFTP, the "Quickconnect" feature just uses plain vanilla FTP.
> >
> > Best Regards.
> >
> > Dave Baxter.
>
> You can use the "Quickconnect" feature with SFTP. If you are running
> on standard port 22, you can simply put 22 in the port box. For
> non-standard ports, you can prepend sftp:// to the host name and it
> will connect via SFTP instead of FTP.

Cheers, I'll try that next time I'm on "the outside" of my home LAN, it
seems to work from the inside, as it would of course...

At present, there a suitably configured link in the site manager.

Thanks again.

Dave.

-- Help for Hero's European Rally 2012 participant.
Please help by visiting:-
http://www.bmycharity.com/TeamSnowball
For any/all donations, all 100% goes to H4H.