Xorg doesn't go back correctly to console when closed on FreeBSD 9.0

Erich Dollansky erichfreebsdlist at ovitrap.com
Fri Apr 13 13:10:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Friday 13 April 2012 14:18:32 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Friday, April 13, 2012 a las 01:34:53PM +0700, Erich Dollansky escribió:
>
> > On Friday 13 April 2012 12:24:04 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > > El día Friday, April 13, 2012 a las 11:50:39AM +0700, Erich Dollansky escribió:
> > >

> > > Please show your ~/.xinitrc and ~/.xserverrc; mine look like this:
> >
> > I do not have an .xserverrc. The .xinitrc looks like this without the comments:
>

> do create a file ~/.xserverrc like mine; perhaps this help already;

I did but it is too short to see the error. After creating this file, I tried to close X and got into the usual problems. It seems that X does not switch properly back to console video mode (whatever name it has). I switched then to twm and ran into the same problem. Of course, this could have been caused by blackbox from the run before.

I checked the log files but could not see something which could be the reason for the problem.

If you tell me what I could do, I could try to find the cause of the problem.

Erich