Music production on FreeBSD

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Sun Apr 8 08:19:33 UTC 2012

On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 01:02:17 -0700
perryh at pluto.rain.com wrote:

> "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads at cox.net> wrote:
>
> > And lately, even some of the timidity++ stuff isn't working
> > right.  The Xaw interface refuses to build/install properly,
> > ever since the removal of X11BASE from the ports infrastructure.
>
> That "should" only require replacing X11BASE with LOCALBASE
> in the 3 port files where it appears:
>
>   timidity++/Makefile.interface (3 places)
>   timidity++-motif/Makefile
>   timidity++-xaw/pkg-plist (2 places)

Yes, I took a look at the port one day not too long ago, but ran into
some unexpected difficulties with it, which I can't recall exactly at
the moment.  What I thought would be a simple search-and-replace thing
turned out to have some surprises hidden away up in there.

I'll have to take another shot at it, as my memory of what exactly the
problem was is completely blank right now.  :-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net