Xorg bug

doug at safeport.com doug at safeport.com
Fri Apr 6 17:39:23 UTC 2012

This is 9.0-RELEASE with all else installed via pkg_add. Xorg is 7.5.1; xdm is
1.1.11. When logging out or terminating Xorg the screen flashes a line that is
the login pattern at the top of the screen. The rest of the screen is black.
ctrl-alt-F1 switches to the console but the monitor is disconnected (e.g., I
eventually get 'no signal' as if the system is powered down). ctrl-alt-F9
returns to the xdm login which then works normally. I am using xfce and see no
problems after logging. There are no errors logged in .xsession-errors,
Xorg.0.log or xdm.log.

I get the same symptoms with and without hal  and when Xorg is started with
startx or startxfce4. xorg.conf is unmodified from a 'Xorg -configure'. The
monitor driver select is radeon. The radeonhd driver crashes.

The system is not down, as I can ssh into it,the only real bug is that the
consoles are not available. I think this is a bug handling the monitor rather
than the keyboard because of the 'no signal' indication and the ctrl-alt keys
work, I just can not see whats on the console.

Is additional logging available? Anybody seen one like this?

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com
doug at safeport.com