modem

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Apr 5 00:26:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 15:10:47 -0700 (PDT), tim smith wrote:

> Well, I checked the log for ppp, nothing I could see.
> There's not much as I still can't send the modem an AT, so...

Could you verify the presence of the cuau* file in /dev?
Maybe you can post the essential parts of your ppp.conf
as well as significant changes to your kernel (in case
you're not using the GENERIC kernel; check "device uart"),
and /boot/loader.conf?

And finally, can you show the _full_ error message that
you receive, maybe also informational parts of the ppp
log file?

What steps of diagnosis and testing could you already
accomplish (with which results)?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany