Questions about Jail

Patrick gibblertron at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 08:15:15 UTC 2012

While it may work in some cases, it can be a bad idea because jails
use the kernel of the host, and it's probably safest if your userland
matches the rest. If you want to play with different versions of
FreeBSD, you should do so in a virtualized environment.

If jails are a good fit for you and you want to easily keep things up
to date across jails, I'd take a look at ezjail:

http://erdgeist.org/arts/software/ezjail/

Patrick