Volume control in mplayer resetting 50% when starting / stopping video clips

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Sep 29 22:17:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 23:58:29 +0200
Polytropon articulated:

> On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 17:27:49 +0000, Alexander Best wrote:
> > On Thu Sep 29 11, Polytropon wrote:
> > > This is ANNOYING.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know a solution for this?
> >
> > try 'sysctl hw.snd.vpc_autoreset=0'.
>
> Many thanks! This restored the default behaviour!
> I have it set in /etc/sysctl.conf now.
>
> And: No, I _won't_ ask why this kind of stuff is required
> to restore default behaviour and established functionalities
> after minor upgrades, because it would certainly make me
> a grumpy old man. :-)

I am still trying to figure out why I need to modify it and add:
"hw.snd.default_unit=4" just to get sound to work on a card that works
perfectly under Windows sans modification. I have actually graduated
to the point where I develop ajada
{http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ajada} when I
contemplate modifying the hardware on my systems. I have evolved to a
point way past "grumpy".

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+fbsd at seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or ignored.
Do not CC this poster. Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.