libgcrypt SHA256 mismatch?

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Thu Sep 29 17:30:48 UTC 2011

On Thursday 29 September 2011 09:21:14 Kurt Buff wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 18:45, Lars Eighner <portsuser at larseighner.com>
wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Sep 2011, Kurt Buff wrote:
> >> All,
> >>
> >> I've just spun up a new 8.2-RELEASE VM, and gotten a fresh ports tree.
> >> I tried to install XFCE4, but it has ended with an error:
> >>
> >> ===>    Verifying install for gcrypt.18 in /usr/ports/security/libgcrypt
> >> ===>  License GPLv2 LGPL21 accepted by the user
> >> ===>  Extracting for libgcrypt-1.5.0
> >> => SHA256 Checksum mismatch for libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2.
> >> ===>  Refetch for 1 more times files: libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2
> >> ===>  License GPLv2 LGPL21 accepted by the user
> >> => libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist in
> >> /usr/ports/distfiles/. => Attempting to fetch
> >> http://gnupg.org.favoritelinks.net/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2
> >> fetch:
> >> http://gnupg.org.favoritelinks.net/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2:
> >> size unknown
> >> fetch:
> >> http://gnupg.org.favoritelinks.net/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2:
> >> size of remote file is not known
> >> libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2                               4634  B 5734 kBps
> >> ===>  License GPLv2 LGPL21 accepted by the user
> >> => SHA256 Checksum mismatch for libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2.
> >> ===>  Giving up on fetching files: libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2
> >> Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file
> >> (/usr/ports/security/libgcrypt/distinfo)
> >> are up to date.  If you are absolutely sure you want to override this
> >> check, type "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
> >>

> >> Anyone else run into this?
> >
> > The source file is being truncated because fetch loses its connection for
> > one reason or another.  Many servers now cut you off if you are at
> > dial-up speeds because "net fairness" means broadband users always go to
> > the front of the line.
> >
> > You can make a shell script to fetch the file and keep running it until
> > you finally get the whole file a piece at a time or you can try ftp.
> >  When you have the whole source file (check it against distinfo) place
> > it in /usr/ports/distfiles. Things should go fine.
> >
> > "Checksum mismatch" nearly always means a truncated file.  I cannot ever
> > remember seeing it otherwise.  Do not override it with NO_CHECKSUM.  That
> > will be useless with a truncated file and worse than useless if a
> > security port really has been tampered with.
>
> Interesting. I found out what the problem is, but haven't figured out
> how to work around it.
>
> As a test, I put the URL
> (http://gnupg.org.favoritelinks.net/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2)
> into a web browser, and found that it's being blocked by our web
> filter, because the site is marked as also serving adult content. The
> supposed tarball in /usr/ports/distfiles is the response from the web
> filter, so it's junk.
>
> After repeated fetches, that is the only site my machine is using to
> [...]

It's also mirrored on the freebsd servers. Grab it from:

ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles/libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2

Put the file in /usr/ports/distfiles

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | http://people.freebsd.org/~beech
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Skype: akbeech
/ \ - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/8.2R/announce.html