Bouncing Email

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Sep 28 18:01:15 UTC 2011

On Sep 28, 2011, at 5:08 AM, Gene wrote:
> This is probably (ok... IS) off topic, so if anyone knows of a list dealing
> with policyd-weight please just point me at it.

policyd-weight is a port, so maybe freebsd-ports.  But mail RBLs are fairly generic and you could use them with sendmail from base system, so discussing here might be as good a place as anywhere.  :-)

> Otherwise, has anyone noticed a sharp upswing in bounced emails due to
> listings in such places as:
>
> multi.surbl.org
> rhsbl.ahbl.org
> dsn.rfc-ignorant.org
> postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org
> abuse.rfc-ignorant.org
>
> I've seen email that has been getting through for ages now bouncing. And all
> of them seem to be because of these lists.

I can't speak for the first two, but I'm active in updating rfc-ignorant.org RBLs.  Anyway, it might be that all you want to do is adjust the scoring in your policyd-weight.conf config...

Regards,
--
-Chuck