Thunderbird 6.0.2/7.0: Crashing when using with OpenLDAP backend

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Sep 28 12:29:46 UTC 2011

I run in a problem on FreeBSD 9.0-BETA3/10.0-CURRENT using OpenLDAP
(Cyrus SASL2 aktivated) and OpenLDAP backend (most recent client and
server). Thunderbird 6.0.2 and 7.0 coredumps with signal 11. I hadn't
any chance to check whether this also happens on 8.2-STABLE, but I'll
check this as soon as possible, since I run the same OpenLDAP backend
and configuration (also the Cyrus SASL2 libs, most recent from ports).

The boxes in question do have FreeBSD 9.0-BETA3/10.0-CUR compiled with
CLANG and Thunderbird is also compiled with CLANG.

Does anyone else experience these issues?

Regards,

Oliver