9.0 bata2 & keymap

Gavin Atkinson gavin at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 23 17:56:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-09-17 at 12:24 -0400, Fbsd8 wrote:

> Changing the cancel button in the kbdmap command to skip, does not
> address the problem, which is the lack of knowledge of the standard
> bsdinstall user. I've been using Freebsd since 4.0 and never used the
> kbdmap command or for that matter even knew it existed.

Interesting.  Sysinstall has asked for country information and then
asked you to choose a keymap (using kbdmap) if you selected a
non-default country as the first two questions (i.e. before you get the
sysinstall menu) since 6.1.  Would that be a good solution still?

Some of the other points brought up later about wanting to switch
between two different keymaps seem sensible too, though I don't
initially see how that would be possible.

Gavin

--
Gavin Atkinson
FreeBSD committer and bugmeister