Firefox clean installation but does not execute

Thomas Mueller mueller6727 at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 20 08:23:20 UTC 2011

I too had the problem of "Command not found" after freshly installing something from ports, but I thought that was a peculiarity of FreeBSD 9.0-BETA1 and 2.

I was going to post this question to freebsd-current list.

For instance, if I typed "which lynx", it was not found, but was found if I ran
ls /usr/bin/local/l*
and it also ran if I typed
/usr/bin/local/lynx

Software freshly installed from ports would be normally accessible after the next reboot.

After getting more ports built, I no longer had that problem.

Tom