Passing additional options to jail(8) via rc.conf

Moritz Wilhelmy moritz at wzff.de
Mon Sep 19 15:16:43 UTC 2011

Hello,

let's say I want to pass additional options like ip4=inherit to my jails
configured via /etc/rc.conf. How do I get this to work?
Apparently, setting jail_www_flags="-l -U root ip4=inherit" is the wrong
order, because these parameters are expected after -c, which is
apparently inserted by the rc-script *after* the flags passed via the
variable.

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a way to solve it rather
than setting the jail up things by hand in rc.local? I'd prefer using
the sugar rc.conf offers me. Maybe there is another, undocumented
variable for this kind of options? Am I overlooking something?

Thanks in advance,

Moritz