Why selecting text with mouse often doesn't make the text pasteable with mouse mid-button click?

Thomas Dickey dickey at radix.net
Sun Sep 18 17:28:20 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 09:06:44AM -0700, Yuri wrote:
> >>(KDE4)
> >Where are you pasting?  (on another terminal emulator, in an application
> >running in a terminal emulator, or within another X application)?
> >

> Test selected in Konsole I usually paste into Konsole. and it fails
> maybe in 5-10% of cases.

hmm - no good guesses there.  It could be an overactive Window manager
grabbing the focus away at the wrong point (it's a nuisance on Mac OS X
for instance).  If it were a consistent problem with pasting into a
given application, I had a couple of ideas...

(consistent problems are easier to fix ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net