Media streaming software.

Graeme Dargie arab at tangerine-army.co.uk
Sun Sep 11 16:11:19 UTC 2011

Hi All

Must be a year or so ago I posted looking for some advice on media streaming software that had a some specific requirements, mainly that it would transcode media on the fly to an MPEG2 stream so the dlna enabled TV could display the stream, I did get some good advice at the time but ultimately nothing quite fitted the bill.

That was until someone mentioned serviio to me, so I looked in ports and sure it enough it is there (/usr/ports/net/serviio) it works great happily my TV will now play an MKV file and pretty much anything else I have thrown at it. So if you are looking for something that will work on a headless server to allow you stream media .. I would check this one out.

Regards

Graeme