Best Server OS for Someone That Does not Want to Touch a Shell on a Regular Basis?

Pierre-Luc Drouin pldrouin at pldrouin.net
Mon Sep 5 14:20:26 UTC 2011

How well does it work to use binary packages only to maintain a FreeBSD
web server in general (I am thinking of package availability, but also
and in particular as a quasi-automated updating tool)? I noticed that in
the past few years, updating softwares through ports has been requiring
more user intervention, due to the way some dependencies are being
updated from one version to the next. Would using binary packages allow
to avoid more such user intervention?

Thanks