Possible obsolete entries in /etc/make.conf

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Sep 4 11:56:02 UTC 2011

On 04/09/2011 12:27, Carmel wrote:
> WITH_MOZILLA=firefox

This seems to be obsolete -- there's no choice to use firefox available.
 Grepping the ports tree produces only 2 ports that mention WITH_MOZILLA
(mail/mail-notification and deskutils/google-gadgets) and in those
cases, WITH_MOZILLA is an OPTIONS setting, ie. effectively a boolean.

> WITH_GECKO=libxul

This is the default, and the only choice at the moment.  There is meant
to be an option to use libxul-devel if desired, but there isn't actually
a libxul-devel port in the tree right now, so it won't do anything for you.

> Are they still relevant, or can I just remove them. Honestly, I do not
> remember exactly what they do anymore, anyway.

You can just delete them.  If you want to see what WITH_GECKO does in
mre detail, look at /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gecko.mk

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3