Tablet Digitizer

Open Slate Project osp at aloha.com
Fri Sep 2 08:49:10 UTC 2011

Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011, Gary Dunn wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 12:55 -0600, Warren Block wrote:
>> On Mon, 29 Aug 2011, Gary Dunn wrote:
>>
>>> I have studied that and the source to what seems to be a driver,
>>> "fujitsu-usb-touchscreen."
>>
>> This may be what you already have:
>> http://spareinfo.blogspot.com/2010/10/linux-on-fujitsu-u810-p1620-t1010.html
>>
>> Whether it's trustworthy, compiles on FreeBSD, or works with xorg 7.5,
>> don't know.
>
> Yes, that is on the Ubuntu side, but I cannot make any sense of it on
> the FreeBSD side.
>
> I compared my Ubuntu Xorg.0.log with my FreeBSD Xorg.0.log. Quite
> different. Here is an interesting bit. Starting at an identical line,
> Ubuntu finds "Fujitsu Component USB Touch Panel" just before the
> keyboard, while FreeBSD goes straight to the keyboard. Is this
> significant?

Well, it's Linux's evdev, which is roughly similar to devd(8). Likely
that can be ignored on FreeBSD by just using another InputDevice
section. Beyond that, it might require input from the freebsd-x11 list
and possibly also the freebsd-usb list. If the components are there, it
may be as simple as an x11-drivers/xf86-input-fujitsu-usb-touchscreen
port. Maybe one of the existing drivers there is for a relatively
similar USB touchscreen?

Great tip. I had no idea those drivers were there. I will check them and if I need more help I'll ask one of the groups you mentioned.

Thanks again!
--

Gary Dunn, Honolulu
Open Slate Project