Fast personal printing _without_ CUPS

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Sun Oct 30 12:59:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
> The biggest loser in this is FreeBSD itself. Virtually any new PC or
> laptop, with the exception of the bargain basement brands, and even
> some of them are exempt, now come with "N" protocol wireless devices.

Instead of devoting so much time and energy whining about the
problem here on-list, even though you know full well that we can't
do anything about it for known reasons... why won't you lobby the
manufacturers of "N" devices, so that they either open their specs,
so we can write a driver, or at least release binary blobs compatible
with FreeBSD? Wouldn't that be more productive? You're very
outspoken on some aspects, so put that rhetorical skill to good use
and contact the major wireless chipset vendors; and then follow up
with them if you don't get the reply you want, just as you do here
on-list.

-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/