FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE Install Failure: Unable to create a new /etc/fstab

Rick Miller vmiller at hostileadmin.com
Tue Oct 25 17:25:36 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I am Installing 8.2-RELEASE via PXE and receive an error stating that
sysinstall was unable to create new /etc/fstab.  Everything appears to
function correctly, in that, the system TFTP's the pxeboot and mfsroot
files as needed.  However, When I switch to the holographic shell and
poke around a little, I can see that there is no /etc, despite it's
existence in the mfsroot.gz.

I must be missing something and am hoping that someone might be able
to point in the right direction.

--
Take care
Rick Miller