Updating emacs fails

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Oct 24 14:19:00 UTC 2011

> Yes, that's just what I did, and I got an emacs that was linked against
> the port version of ncurses.  It worked fine.

I deinstalled and rebuilt and reinstalled the ncurses port, and now emacs
builds fine.  Gaaah.  I think the former version was the package that gets
installed with 8.2, but reconstructing the former state would be a
challenge.

So, uh, I guess we chalk it up to bit rot.  "Never mind."

I have a couple of other ports that fail in similar ways, but I think I'll
wiggle a few more moving parts before reporting the problem.

Regards,