which ports require dialog during update

Thomas Mueller mueller6727 at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 23 09:53:55 UTC 2011

from Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org>:

> I like to have all config dialogs done and out of the way.

> You might want to consider using portmaster, which handles that (and a
> bunch of other stuff) for you.

I think portmaster has an equivalent for 'portupgrade -R' to portupgrade dependencies?

I think one would use 'portupgrade -r' less frequently.

I like to save a build log, would the config-recursive part be disrupted or disruptive?

NetBSD pkgsrc, which has been ported to other mostly (quasi-)Unix OSes as well, has a better way: putting options in /etc/mk.conf :
not to say NetBSD pkgsrc is better than FreeBSD ports system, just that they have a good idea in this aspect.

Tom