Upgrading libxul, dependency on Firefox 3

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat Oct 22 11:34:07 UTC 2011

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:45:11 +0200
Polytropon articulated:

> I'm not sure if it still applies, but in earlier Firefox
> version transitions (and the consideration of dependencies)
> some programs depending on libxul would install an outdated
> Firefox version. The solution has been WITH_GECKO=libxul in
> /etc/make.conf so only the current version of this library
> would have been installed in the end.

I haven't had that notation in my </etc/make.conf> file in ages and I
am not experiencing the problems that the OP is reporting. Perhaps if
the OP gave a fuller description of his system, and perhaps a perusal
of his </etc/make.conf> file a solution could be more readily deduced.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+fbsd at seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or ignored.
Do not CC this poster. Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.