which ports require dialog during update

Paul Macdonald paul at ifdnrg.com
Fri Oct 21 09:14:47 UTC 2011

 >Hi, Is there a way to tell which ports might require dialog input
during update, i have some auto update scripts
> Stop doing this.
>
> Your update scripts do not read /usr/ports/UPDATING.
> Your update scripts do not read package changelogs.
>
> What you're doing is irresponsible, and potentially dangerous/harmful if
> your server is in production.
>
> You should really be very careful about this.
i do of course read those files (which require daily checking to confirm
usually no relevant changes, but thats another issue!)..

however i don't need to read UPDATING on every box, (this tool is an
assistent, not a replacement, for monitored updates.)

i do need to check that an update that went fine on the initial test box
will behave the same on other boxes, which is my question,

can i tell if  the options dialog is going to be invoked?

thanks
Paul.