Problems after updating KDE

Carmel carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 11:48:34 UTC 2011

I have had numerous problems after updating to the latest KDE
version. For starters, I lost my desktop and only had a blank (black)
screen when starting up. I did manage to figure out how to correct
that, but numerous other problems exist.

For starters:

1) The (ALT)+(TAB) key no longer works. It doesn't switch between
applications or anything.

2) I lost my desktop configuration completely. I have tried to restore
it but I cannot find a way to add a URL shortcut to the desktop. There
is no option in the menu, or at least none that I can find.

3) I use to use a (CTRL)(ALT)(V) combination to activate the "klipper"
clipboard. That no longer works. In fact, virtually all of my shortcut
keys have vanished.

To the best of my knowledge I followed the directions in the UPDATINg
file correctly. "Portmaster" bombed out twice so I had to resort to
using "portupgrade" to complete the task. This command always fails:

ortmaster -o net/linphone-base ortp

With this error:

===>  linphone-base-3.2.1_1,1 conflicts with installed package(s):
      ortp-0.13.0_1

So I guess I will have to delete both packages and start over. I am
just not sure which package to delete.

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny at hotmail.com