boost issue freebsd 8.2 (32 bit) - infinite loop of boost

Waitman Gobble gobble.wa at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 01:35:10 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Damien Fleuriot <ml at my.gd> wrote:

> On 15 Oct 2011, at 19:38, Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I identified the problem - the build script insists on fetching boost from
> heanet.dl.sourceforge.net -- for some reason this hangs indefinitely from
> my
> connection. ie, wget
>
> http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/boost/boost/1.45.0/boost_1_45_0.tar.bz2resolves
> and connects but never transfers any data. (from my IP however if i
> try it from another network it works..).
>
> Manually fetching from
>
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/boost/boost/1.45.0/boost_1_45_0.tar.bz2
> and putting in /usr/ports/distfiles solves the problem... I'm not sure
> why
> heanet host doesn't like my IP (or something else?)
>

> Anyway, I noticed I made some typos in my previous email, "34" should have
> been "45". (boost_1_45_0 not boost_1_34_0). late night. lol.
>

> Waitman
>

> Are you using a proxy ?
> Can you try with another IP from the same netblock as you ?
> Can you successfully telnet to their IP on port 80 and "HEAD / HTTP/1.0" ?

Hi,

I am not using a proxy, however it is possible that ISP has a transparent
cache/proxy. (at&t)

Maybe I could release IP and request another one? I'm not sure it's worth it
though..  (?) I was able to get the file  from another host (manually) and
continue without further issues..

telnet to port 80 connects but doesn't respond to HEAD request from this
machine.

Thanks
Waitman