Twiki problems - no such file or directory

Karl Vogel vogelke+unix at pobox.com
Tue Nov 29 19:32:59 UTC 2011

>> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:05:30 +1000,
>> Da Rock <freebsd-questions at herveybayaustralia.com.au> said:

D> I installed twiki on a test server to get a handle on how it operates,
D> and it all worked fine so I installed it on the production server. The
D> only difference between the 2 is that the production server uses vhosts.

D> When I try to run *any* of the twiki scripts (twiki/bin/view,
D> twiki/bin/configure) I get "no such file or directory" in the httpd
D> error logs.

   I did see the reply about checking the perl path; this is for people who
   run into other "no such file" problems.  If the path fix hadn't worked,
   my next step would have been adding vhosts to the test server and seeing
   if I could get them both to fail in the same way.

   We've had similar problems, and replacing the program with a call to
   truss helps us troubleshoot:

     root# mv /path/to/apache /path/to/apache.bin

     root# cat /path/to/apache
     #!/bin/sh
     exec /usr/bin/truss -o /tmp/apache$$ -f /path/to/apache.bin
     exit 1

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

The freshmen bring a little knowledge in and the seniors take none out,
so it accumulates through the years.   --A. Lawrence Lowell, Pres. of Harvard