7.4 -> 8.2

Pierre-Luc Drouin pldrouin at pldrouin.net
Thu Nov 24 16:14:26 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> wrote:

> Albert Shih writes:
>
>>  Anyone known if I can temporally run a 7.4 userland+service with
>>  8.2 kernel?
>
>        My gut reaction was "Are you familiar with the game of Russian
> Roulette?".
>

>                                Robert Huff

I would definitely test it on another machine beforehand, including
tests of the services which are running in the jails. It would
probably be safer to make a copy of the drive from that server, put it
on another machine, upgrade everything, then take the server offline,
rsync the user data and swap the drives...

Pierre-Luc Drouin