where to ask about problems with bsdinstall in 9.0RC2?

William Bulley web at umich.edu
Tue Nov 22 18:56:25 UTC 2011

According to Frank Shute <frank at shute.org.uk> on Tue, 11/22/11 at 13:36:

> Can't help you with your bsdinstall woes but to upgrade from
> 8.2-STABLE to 9.0-RELEASE(currently RC2) branch you want to do a
> csup(1)/buildworld cycle.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html
>
> You should use the tag:
>
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_9_0
>
> in your supfile. More details at:
>
> http://www.shute.org.uk/misc/freebsd_uptodate.html

Thanks.  :)

Perhaps you came into this thread late, but that was my first attempt.
But at that time, a few weeks ago, we were still at 9.0RC1 and my then
buildworld/installworld attempt failed during the kernel compile step.

Now that 9.0RC2 is available, I reckon it is worth a try dealing with
the csup/buildworld/installworld process.  I hope this works this time.

Regards,

web...

William Bulley                     Email: web at umich.edu

72 characters width template ----------------------------------------->|