[OT] but concerns all of us

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Thu Nov 17 19:59:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:41:51PM -0700, Chad Perrin wrote:

> Oh, of course -- "pirated", like the hundreds of CDs and audiocasettes
> and DVDs I have, though I've stopped consuming new music in any form from
> corporations that sue their own customers.

clarification: Those are hundreds of CDs and audiocasettes and DVDs that
I have purchased legally.  I think the "purchased legally" part got
accidentally deleted while I was trying to fix a typo (which somehow
never ended up fixed; find it if you can).  I think the only CD of music
I've ever burned was a copy of an audiocasette I had bought twelve years
earlier.

I'd exhort readers to not take Jerry's absurd accusations and hostile
attitude to anyone who doesn't just applaud his every effort as an
indication that they should ignore the rest of what he says; in theory,
some of it might actually be worth considering.  As I've reread it,
though, I see that all of it is tainted by (intentionally?) confusing
terms such as "theft" and "copyright infringement", leveling baseless
accusations against innocent parties, and generally engaging in fallacy
by preference rather than actual reasoned argumentation, so there's
nothing left to read and judge for oneself.