[OT] but concerns all of us

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Nov 17 17:56:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:17:50 -0700
Chad Perrin articulated:

> Copyright infringement is copyright infringement -- and not theft --
> no matter how hyperbolic your choice of phrasing.  Castigate people
> for the unlawful act of copyright infringement if you want to, but
> please do not conflate two separate bodies of law by equating one
> illegal act with another.  This abuse of terms is largely the fault
> of media conglomerates and their lobbying organizations (e.g. the
> RIAA and MPAA).  The more you repeat these abuses of terminology, the
> more they are emboldened; I think it was the RIAA representative at
> the SOPA hearing yesterday who literally equated copyright
> infringement with *murder*.
>
> Don't be like that jackass.

Yes, you must be one of those scumbags that pilfers the property or
intellectual rights of others sans payment or having acquired the
legal rights to the property and then tries to hide behind some pseudo
Divine-Right bullshit. You can fool yourself into believing that running
someone over with a car and killing them is Vehicular manslaughter and
not 1st degree murder; however, that does not change one iota the simple
fact that the victim is dead.

You can try an justify your illegal actions all you want; criminal
attorneys make a living out of doing it in court everyday of the week.
It amazes me how scumbags constantly attempt to justify their illegal
actions. The simple fact is that a thief is a thief no matter how you
try and sugar coat it.

Now go back and play your pirated music, etcetera. I am sure you have
all ready justified that practice to yourself.

--
Jerry ♔