[OT] but concerns all of us

Mario Lobo lobo at bsd.com.br
Wed Nov 16 22:24:28 UTC 2011

My apologies to all for this, specially to those who already know about this
and those who think too little of it.

I am really worried about this:

http://americancensorship.org/

If these rootless people get control of what goes through the root servers, we
will loose the last free medium of expression and info exchange that is not
owned by a corporation or anybody.

I don't know if I should be worried or not, but if my worries are founded and
this comes to pass, as far as I can see, it will be the end of this great tool
as we know it today.

There is a petition going on here:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_internet/

There are a lot of Americans on this list that have a lot more power than the
rest of us to change this. A LOT of people from all over the world is signing
this petition.

I hope at least some don't judge me to be over dramatic here but this
situation sounds very much so.

I hope that most of you (if not all) replicates this and that I don't get
scalded for this post.

I can only hope ....

--
Mario Lobo