Build options built by dialog(1)

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Nov 16 02:12:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:15:01 -0500 (EST), Chuck Bacon wrote:
> I stumbled into a problem trying to get xorg up on my
> current 9.0-RC1.  I selected an intolerable choice,
> notable PTH.  Now the choice of Python causes the build
> to fail, and I can't find the output of dialog(1).
> Question:  How can I restart the build with a new
> dialog(1)?  Put another way, where are the various
> build variables kept?

The options are stored in /var/db/ports/<name>/options.
The "Frontend" to access them is:

	# make config
	# make rmconfig
	# make config-recursive
	# make rmconfig-recursive

The last two options are really helpful when the problems
you're encountering are provided by a dependency port.

See "man 7 ports" for details.

Optional, in worst case, options can also be provided
my a Makefile.local in the port's directory. Also note
that /etc/make.conf as well as the configuration files
of port management tools may contain options.

> Once again, this old 650-704-7070-PDP4-KA/KI/KL/KS-CTSS-
> Convex-IBMPC-3B1 warrior needs help :-}

Impressive path! =^_^=

--
Polytropon